The MySQL Replication is very useful in terms of Data Security, Fail-over Solution,Database Backup from Slave, Analytics etc. We use the following things to carry the replication process. In your scenario it would be different.
- Working Linux OS like CentOS 6.3, RedHat 6.3 or Fedora 17
- Master and Slave are CentOS 6.3 Linux Servers.
- Master IP Address is: 192.168.1.1.
- Slave IP Address is: 192.168.1.2.
- Master and Slave are on the same LAN network.
- Master and Slave has MySQL version installed.
- Master allow remote MySQL connections on port 3306.
We have two servers, one is Master with IP (192.168.1.1) and other is Slave as (192.168.1.2). We have divided the setup process in two phases to make things easier for you, In Phase I we will configure Master server and in Phase II with Slave server. Let’s start the replication setup process.